What to Expect
An eye care doctor performing a thorough eye exam can include all or some of the following:
Your MetroVision Optician
It's very common for patients to come into their eye exam and not understand how their lifestyle can affect their eye health. The more any eye doctor knows about their patient, the better they can prescribe the right glasses and treat visual problems.
So how do you know what to tell or ask your eye doctor? Consider these tips for making the most of your next eye exam.
- If there is a part of your diagnosis, eye exam, or treatment that you don't understand, talk to your doctor about it.
- Knowing your health background before you visit is very helpful for you eye doctor.
- Have a list of medicines you use, including over-the-counter drugs. Both types of medicines can affect your eye diagnosis.
- Be sure to report any current difficulties you are having with your vision including but not limited to:
- dry eyes
- double vision
- problems seeing at night
- eye strain
- Chronic health conditions are also good for you optician to know such as high blood pressure, diabetes or surgeries.
- Your family health history can have an effect on your eyes as well.
- Your eye doctor knowing your lifestyle including your job, what you do at your job (for example, do you use a computer all day), the lighting in your office, etc. These small details are important than most realize. Your leisure activities such as sports is also important.